Want to rejuvenate your face with a non-invasive treatment? Do you have specific skin concerns you want to address? Bawa Medical is proud to offer a range of effective chemical peels in Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, and surrounding areas of South Florida.
What Is a Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure that resurfaces the skin with a chemical solution that essentially exfoliates the top layers of the skin. Chemical peels can range in strength from mild and superficial to deep resurfacing peels depending on the chemical used. The deeper the peel, the more dramatic the results and rejuvenation of the skin—but the greater the downtime and discomfort afterward.
Chemical exfoliation is effective because it can break down dead skin and debris in the skin on a cellular level, removing the top layers of skin by weakening lipids bonding them together. At Bawa Medical, we will choose the right strength, type, and pH chemical peel to best reach your aesthetic goals.
How Much Does a Chemical Peel Cost in Boca Raton, FL?
The cost of a chemical peel depends on several factors, including the type of chemical peel that will work best to achieve your skin care goals and support your best skin yet. During your consultation at Bawa Medical, we will create a tailored treatment plan to help you look and feel your best. We will review the cost of your treatment during this appointment. For your convenience, we accept many forms of payment and financing through CareCredit®.
What Types of Chemical Peels Do You Offer?
Bawa Medical offers a range of chemical peels in various strengths to fit your unique skin needs. Our chemical peels include the following:
- Retinol Peels
- A retinol peel is a type of chemical peel that’s used for acne-prone skin and for its anti-aging benefits. While some types of chemical peels treat sun damage, scars, and hyperpigmentation, a retinol peel is great at reducing the appearance of fine lines. Retinol is a type of vitamin A that penetrates deep into the skin to encourage the growth and renewal of skin cells.
- Glycolic Acid Peels
- Glycolic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), a group of acids that are the most mild types of chemical peels. This chemical, made from sugarcane, is stronger than lactic acid yet still mild enough for use in people who have never had a chemical peel before. Thanks to its small structure, glycolic acid can travel deep into the skin to reveal brighter and smoother skin. Glycolic acid is considered the gold standard in chemical peels.
- Lactic Acid Peels
- Lactic acid is another common AHA and it’s one of the most mild chemical peels available. Made from sour milk, a lactic acid peel is ideal for sensitive skin. Lactic acid can’t penetrate deeply into the skin like glycolic acid, but depending on your goals, this can be a good thing. Lactic acid is excellent for exfoliating dry skin and brightening sallow-looking skin.
- Salicylic Acid Peels
- A salicylic acid chemical peel is one of the most effective solutions for treating acne and blackheads. Salicylic acid works by unclogging pores as a comedolytic and reducing the amount of oil on the skin. This type of peel is fairly gentle and also produces smoother, brighter skin while fighting sun damage.
- Vi Peel®
- The Vi Peel® is a unique medical-grade chemical peel that can be customized to treat your specific skin care concerns. This painless chemical peel offers anti-aging benefits and improves the clarity, tone, and texture of your skin.
What Are the Benefits of a Chemical Peel?
The exact chemical peel benefits you can expect will depend on the type of chemical peel and strength you choose but chemical peels in Boca Raton can offer many unique benefits:
- Improve the texture, tone, and clarity of your skin
- Reveal a brighter and smoother complexion
- Treat acne scars and reduce acne breakouts
- Improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Minimize the appearance of hyperpigmentation and skin damage
- Reverse melasma
- Improve the performance of skin care products without dead skin cells in the way
- Low risk and easy to customize
Ready to make your friends envious with brighter, more even skin? Are you searching for “chemical peels near me”? Call us today at Bawa Medical to learn more about the benefits of chemical peels and find out if you’re a good candidate. We welcome patients in Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and the surrounding South Florida communities.