Dreaming of smooth, bright, and flawless skin but don’t want the recovery of a chemical peel? Bawa Medical is proud to offer microdermabrasion treatment to men and women in Boca Raton and Delray Beach, FL.
What Is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a safe and non-invasive procedure in which a handpiece that has an abrasive surface is used to carefully sand away the skin’s outer layer, leaving it renewed and rejuvenated. Microdermabrasion is effective at improving the overall texture of the skin and the skin tone. This treatment can also be used to improve many common skin complaints such as:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Age spots
- Sun damage
- Acne scars
- Uneven skin tone and texture
An alternative microdermabrasion technique features the use of sodium bicarbonate or aluminium oxide finely sprayed with a vacuum or suction without physically sanding the skin with a handpiece.
How Much Does Microdermabrasion Cost in Boca Raton, FL?
The cost of microdermabrasion depends on the size of the treatment area and the number of sessions you need. The best way to find out your individual cost is by scheduling an appointment at Bawa Medical. We will listen to your concerns and create a tailored treatment plan that helps you look and feel your very best. We accept many payment options, including CareCredit® financing.
Who Is an Ideal Candidate for Microdermabrasion Treatment?
Unlike other treatments, such as an IPL photofacial, the microdermabrasion procedure is considered safe for all skin types and shades. You may be an ideal candidate for microdermabrasion if you have any of the following:
- Uneven skin texture and skin tone
- Enlarged blackheads and pores
- A dull complexion
- Stretch marks
- Sun damage
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Acne and acne scarring
- Age spots, brown spots, or hyperpigmentation
How Is Microdermabrasion Performed?
Microdermabrasion is a simple procedure performed in-office, usually taking no longer than about an hour. During your microdermabrasion treatment, a handheld device is used to spray on particles and sand away the skin’s outer layer to reveal brighter, smoother skin. A moisturizer and sunscreen are then applied to protect your skin.
There are three popular methods and devices used to perform microdermabrasion in Boca Ration:
- Crystal microdermabrasion
- This treatment uses a special handpiece that gently sprays fine crystals onto the skin to rub away the outer layers. At the same time, the dead skin cells will be immediately suctioned off. This procedure may use either sodium bicarbonate crystals or aluminium oxide crystals.
- Diamond tip handpiece
- A diamond tip handpiece gently exfoliates dead cells in the skin, while suctioning off the dead skin cells, just like crystal microdermabrasion. The pressure applied on the handpiece, along with the duration at which the suction remains on the skin, will affect the depth of the abrasion. More sensitive areas of the face, such as areas by the eyes, are usually treated with this type of microdermabrasion.
- This is a more modern method also known as a HydraFacial®, or a medical-grade treatment that involves the combination of simultaneous dermal infusion of products and crystal-free exfoliation. The hydradermabrasion process maximizes blood flow and helps stimulate collagen production.
What Is Microdermabrasion Recovery Like?
With little to no downtime following a microdermabrasion procedure, you can resume your normal activities immediately. You may notice some redness of your face for the first day, but this shouldn’t be painful and it will resolve on its own.
Looking for microdermabrasion near me? Microdermabrasion is a popular non-invasive treatment that can give you instantly smoother, brighter skin. Bawa Medical is proud to offer microdermabrasion for men and women in Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, and other South Florida communities. Call us today to learn more about the benefits of microdermabrasion and find out if you can benefit from this treatment.